Monday, August 6, 2012

Pinterest 5/50

1. I finished a custom planner. After falling in love with the Erin Condren Life Planner, but not willing to shell out the $60+ price tag, I decided I would create my own. I search for several hours on Pinterest, but couldn't find one that would work, so I used several for inspiration, like here, here, and here. I made my own weekly template with plenty of space for all my events. And I used some of my scrapbook paper and stickers to create cute dividers for each month. I love my cover, and then I've put several inspirational quotes/Bible verse throughout the planner.





2 & 3. I made White Chocolate Filled Snickerdoodles. It did not have an actual recipe for the cookies, just how to fill them, so I used Martha Stewart's Snickerdoodle recipe.  The first batch was a little overdone, but the second was a lot better. They weren'te terribly difficult or time consuming, but I'm not quite sure I want to make them again. I can't pinpoint exactly what was wrong, but they just didn't taste great.

4 & 5. Banana Cream Pie Cupcakes I had been wanting to make these for months. They looked absolutely delicious. But they were not. First of all, they took over an hour to make the cake, filling, and frosting. Then my oven overcooked them (this is beginning to be a common theme). The recipe said 20-25 minutes, and after 20 they were completely burned. I need to learn my new oven better. But even the batter didn't taste good. The filling and frosting were too good to waste, so I decided that I would try again with a different cake. I found a basic Moist White Cake recipe. This recipe said 22-32 minutes, and I checked at 20 and they were on their way to being overdone. The tops were a little hard, but they were at least edible unlike the last batch. I used some of the filling on half of them, but it is difficult without a cupcake plunger to put stuff in the cupcake. The frosting was great.

So far, I have had more Pinterest fails than successes, at least with my desserts. But hopefully my next round will go better.

No comments:

Post a Comment