Sunday, August 19, 2012

#38- Try Zumba & Other Progress

This week at Ramsey was Free Week, so all the group fitness classes were available to try. I decided to take Zumba to see what it was all about. My friend Danielle from my cohort went with me, and a girl I knew, Nidia, actually taught half of the class. I thought the instructors were really good, but I realized how uncoordinated I was. It was difficult for me to keep up with the movements, especially when they added arms. Also, I think I may have pulled a muscle in my calf, because I'm still sore two days later. I probably won't be buying the pass that is necessary for the classes (at least not now- I need to stop spending money) but it definitely was a good workout. It made me really want to dance again since it is all Latin inspired moves, so I might try and go to some of the Ballroom Dance classes on Sunday night, or Swing Night at Dance FX this Tuesday.

Progress
60. Donate 101 things to charity- I took two other boxes to Goodwill last week with some household items and a few other clothes that I don't wear anymore after finally getting everything (for the most part) organized in my room. 67/101

80. Listen to every song on my computer- 2030/5026

81. Watch every episode of Friends- 190/238

86. Make 50 things from my Pinterest boards (crafts, food, clothes, jewelry, decorations, etc)- I made Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes for my friend's birthday, as well as for a dinner party hosted by one of my professors. They were super easy, delicious, and they only have 110 calories each! All you do is take the Funfetti Box, pour it into a bowl, and add 12 ounces of Sprite Zero. Mix it until it's smooth, and bake for 15ish minutes at 350 degrees. The frosting is just as easy- 1 packet of instant vanilla pudding, and a container of Fat Free Cool Whip mixed together. I don't really understand how the Sprite works instead of eggs, butter, oil, etc, but it does! Diet Coke can also be used with a chocolate cake mix. And the frosting is great- you can use any flavor of instant pudding for variety. I will definitely be making these (or some variation of these) in the future.   6/50

100. Save $5 for every task I complete- 25/505

No comments:

Post a Comment