Sunday, March 9, 2014

Less than 1 Year Left

I've been neglecting this list... A lot. I think I was too ambitious/thought I would have more money than I actually do when making this list. I know I'm not going to accomplish everything, but I'm going to try and accomplish at least 60 things. I think that is very possible. I've completed 28 tasks, and 17 more are in progress. It will take a conscious effort to choose to do things off the list, but a lot of them are things I actually want to do, like go camping or visit some friends.

Completed
52. Take a cooking class- I went with a group of friends from church to one of Whole Foods cooking classes/demonstrations. It was called Cooking for Two: Easy Meal Anyone Can Do. The instructor was really talented and entertaining, but I wish it would have been a hands-on class. The food was amazing though. Herb Roasted Chicken, Haricots Verts with Pancetta Shallot Vinaigrette, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, and Flourless Chocolate Cake. I think the chicken was my favorite part, but everything was delicious. Now, the real question will be if I can actually prepare it haha

96. Win something- I won the book A Million Little Ways by Emily Freeman from a Goodreads contest a while back. It talked about creativity in a new and different way, by saying that everything we do gives us the opportunity to make art, as our unique contribution to the world. What was need about reading this book is that Garrett actually talked about it at the Gathering the week after I finished it. 
These are some of the impactful quotes from the book.
"God is not the technician. God is an artist. This is the God who made you. The same God who lives inside you. He comes into us, then comes out of us, in a million little ways. That's why there' freedom, even in the blah. Hope, even in the dark. Love, even in the fear. Trust, even as we face our critics. (p 18)""Being an artist has something to do with being brave enough to move toward what makes you come alive. (p 20)" 

"You are in a season of waiting. When you finally show up ready to release your art by being the person you believe you are created to be, there may be nothing more disheartening than to be asked to wait. the waiting can drive us mad if we let it. it can be a merciless dictator, shoving us into shapes we aren't made for, shapes of worry and doubt, and short tempers. but the waiting can also grow us, shape us from the inside out for sacred work. this is a kind of work that happens only in the secret place of abiding in the presence of Christ even in the midst of broken dreams and tired circumstance (p 147)"
"Be faithful to plant. Release the growing to God. Open up clenched fists and let the seeds drop in the ground, let them burrow down deep and do their secret work in the dark. Sacred shaping happens in the waiting. (p 157)"

Progress
3. Finish Graduate School- Only 2 months until graduation!! I cannot wait. 

19. Go to 10 new college campuses- While driving back from Sarasota, I drove through the campus of USF in Tampa. It was very spread out and extremely flat. I don't really know what I was expecting, but nothing really stood out to me (7/10)

53. Try 25 New Cocktails- My friend Chelsea and I went to dinner at this restaurant in Marietta called Cheeky. It is a Mexican restaurant of sorts that neither one of us had been to, but it was delicious! We both ordered mojitos. She had Mango and I had Dragonberry. While I liked hers, I LOVED mine. It was made with Dragonberry Bacardi, which is part strawberry part dragonfruit, and was absolutely amazing. I'm not counting Chelsea's because I only had a sip of hers, even though it was a new one for me. Then, the next week at trivia, I had a very stressful day, so I ordered a margarita from Twisted Taco. This one was called the Annie Oakley, which was made with passionfruit tequila, raspberry liqueur, and orange juice. It was also delicious, and strong, even though it didn't taste very strong going down. For New Years, a few of us went to Cafe Intermezzo in Midtown. I ordered a Newberry Martini, which had strawberry vodka, along with some other stuff in it. I can't find the drink menu online, probably because it was like 50 pages long. I also had half of one of the girls' Milky Way Martini, which was vanilla vodka and Baileys, and so yummy. It was the perfect dessert. The girl thought it was too rich, but I loved it.
(21/25)
80. Listen to every song on my computer- This has been a really fun thing to do, because I've heard almost all of these songs before (some were free from Amazon, iTunes or Noisetrade) but most were just songs I hadn't listened to on this computer.  But I'm almost 75% of the way finished, and I'm deleting a lot as I go along. (3960/5150)



No comments:

Post a Comment